Sunday, August 29, 2010

Still August. Still green theme. Last night, I drank many margaritas, all of which were green. I felt happy, light-hearted, fun, engaging, and then, I started seeing double, or in various shades of fuzz. Hit me like a ton of bricks, and I was done. I got horizontal on my friend's couch, which was not green, but I didn't pass out. I didn't even fall asleep right away, just knew that horizontal was a much better position to process the shades of fuzz. I woke up at 11:30 pm after the other old guests who can't stay up past 10 were gone, the house was quiet, and I thought about my kids waking up and not finding me there, so I peed, got my stuff, and walked home. I felt a little bit like a college kid, walking home after the party, enjoying the night sky, wondering how those green margaritas would feel in the morning. This morning, as I sit here in my green pajama pants, I'm thankful for ibuprofin, and soft beds, and couches, and those wonderfully green margaritas.

1 comment:

Anika said...

I also adore a good margarita!