Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last day of August. Still green. The little icon for chatting in Facebook is green...I should say, it's green when someone is online and chattable. I like this icon because it represents contact with other humans. I also hate this icon, for fear of who might want to chat me up. In all honesty, though, I'm typically the one chatting the other greenies up. I have a few regulars who I look for in the green category. Probably first and formost, Shari. One of my oldest friends. We chat maybe two evenings a week, mostly about the meaning of life, a little rehashing of stupid shit we did in the 7th grade, and our own misgivings as people as we navigate this crazy trip we are on. I look for my sister, who is obsessed with Farmville, which, in my opinion, is an even bigger waste of time than waiting for someone's green light to come on. My niece and nephew, who NEVER try to chat with me first...why do I look for them? Shirly, aka Cheryl. Another very old friend...much older than I in fact...who I rarely see online anymore. Just one more thing about that green light. It really lets you see who is awake in the wee hours of the morning when I am. Pretty much, two people, both of whom live in a different time zone. I try to never look for the green lights at 5am. Only at night...and sometimes during the day when everyone is at work, "working." Gnight August. Gnight green.

1 comment:

Anika said...

I totally agree about the green light. If someone tries to chat with you that you have no desire to chat with, it's always an interesting dance to see if you can walk away from the computer long enough to turn your green light into a moon. :)